Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Writing Challenge - 8 - Interlude - The first week

I am sitting in my office enjoying wonder chinese left overs that we had from over the weekend. This is the first update in my second week of the challenge and I wanted to just talk about the challenge to give you a behind the scenes look.
This challenge has been difficult but very good. I created this challenge for myself specifically because it was going to force me to sit down for 15-30 minutes in a day to write. Making that kind of time for anything can be hard when you have a full time job, two small children, two dogs, and a wife who likes to have you around. Writing these entries is something that requires personal time and can be de-railed if you are interrupted. Forcing myself to sit directly puts pressure on …. My daughter just came in and wants me to go dance and read with her, (she is two). I will be back to finish later.
Ha ha. Completely knocked my thoughts right out of my head. Let me get back on track.

Well, I ended up having to write this on day nine because family got in the way and I wanted to relax on the couch with my wife.
There is a saying and I wish I could remember who said the exact quote but it goes something like this "People don't follow their dreams because then there are no longer perfect fantasies but real ideas that you might fail at."  This was what I was worried about when attempting this challenge. I am great at coming up with ideas,I am great about writing the outlines of those ideas out, but I am terrible at writing them out and making them into something. I would love to make my creative ideas into something more, even if it is not enough to be my profession.
This first week has shown me just how much I can accomplish by sitting down and putting in the work for 15-45 minutes a day. I will continue to write and if you like what im doing, feel free to comment or contact me with feedback :).

No comments:

Post a Comment