Freetrader Paxil made back into the brothel. Scarlett, the Madam of this place followed him and then told him to head left into her office. Paxil knew instinctively that this was her real office. It look lived in and nice, but not fancy. This is where the madam got her work done and was not concerned about what a John or whatever they called them her would think. She motioned for him to sit down in one of the chairs facing her desk as she walked behind it and sat down herself.
“So Mr Paxil..” she started to say and was immediately interrupted “My proper title is Freetrader Paxil...” She looked startled, Paxil say that people do not , in general, interrupt this woman. He was happy about the choice of establishment he made. “... However, since I want us to be friends, you can simply call me Rick. I would not want us to get off on the wrong foot, Ms. Scarlett”. Now she smiled “You can just call me Scarlett. Rick, I received the communication from your Starship two months ago explaining that you would be joining us and that somehow, you are a part owner in this establishment. Till then I believed that I was the only owner and before we get into business further, I would like this cleared up.”
Paxil took a breath and waited a hair of time, just long enough to show that he was pleasant but not long enough to show that he was in any way intimidated. “My company BS221 funds multiple planetary start-ups and colonie missions. As part of that funding I maintain partial ownership of anything used with that money. Approximately five years ago, you Jodeen Beloch got a loan from a bank, that bank is owned completely by my company and therefore owns part of your company per the Freetraders banking and borrowing agreement. I know that after you were contacted you went to the bank and spoke with a Mr. Soto about this very topic, where he confirmed what I have just told you. Rest assured, I have no want to stay here longer than necessary and I do not want to interfere with anything you are doing. I just need a place to stay and some additional comforts while I stay. I will pay as a customer but my requests are reasonable and if everything goes well, I will sign over this place to you completely and never bother you again. What do you think?”
Scarlett could not believe that this space person knew her real name. She had done everything in her power to cover up that part of her life. But she was caught. She knew that if this man wanted her place, he could take it. He did not look the type, at least by Bliss standards but she was smart enough to know that looks were deceiving.
“sounds like we have ourselves a deal...Rick. What is it that you want from us here at The Red Dress?” “I would like the following 1. A room that I can occupy while I am here that contains no surveillance equipment , is moderately furnished and has its own bathroom that has a tub. 2. A companion to show me around the city and help me learn its ways and give me comfort when necessary. 3. I need someone who can keep secrets and will not cause any additional trouble. I am new to this world and many of the people I have to deal with could cause myself and you a lot of trouble if something were to happen. “ Paxil waited for a breath and followed up “Do you have someone that can fit these criteria?”
Scarlett thought. She had plenty of girls and even some boys for any kind of fetish you could imagine. The Red Dress was a high end place and catering to unique requests was a specialty of hers. She also started to get a better picture of why this alien man wants to stay away from the larger hotels, they were almost all bugged and under surveillance at all times.
“ Let me make a few calls and I will have some options for you in an hour or so, is that acceptable? “ “Yes” replied Paxil. Scarlett pressed a button on her desk and a young lady, very beautiful and dressed as a business woman came in, “ Yes Ms Scarlett” “Please take Rick to the bar and see that he gets a good meal. Make sure he is taken care of till I call you back. You are to consider him a high value client and if you have any issues you come to me first. Do you understand?” “Yes Ms. Scarlett” she young lady said.
“Please follow me Mr. Rick” the young lady left the office and Rick Paxil, FreeTrader followed her. They went down a long hallway to a set of stairs that ran underground. “It is this way to the restaurant.” She guided him down the stairs into another long tunnel filled with colorful lights and a labyrinth of rooms. This must be where the customers had their fun. “What kind of food would you like? “ She said as she glided down the hallway. “I am new to this planet and do not know what is good. Do you have any recommendations?” She was quiet for a moment and said “I like the hot and sour soup.” Rick smiled “I guess I will have to try that then.” “Excellent. And to drink?” “a Rum and Coke if you got it” Rick said. “We have something similar I think” replied the young lady.
Rick sat down at a table with a view of the ocean. He had not realized it was so close and he paused. Rick had seen many things, some that most humans would never even fathom, but seeing the ocean was always something he loved. It made him think about all the other planets he had been to and the deep Abyss of space that was his home.
The young lady brought him his soup and drink both in ware made of glass. Very fancy, Rick thought. She stood there and before he took his first bite he looked up at her “You know you can either sit down or go away, I don’t think I can enjoy my meal while I am being watched.” She smiled and sat down across from him.
Rick finished his meal quickly. The soup was good. He looked at the young woman and said “So, what’s your story?”
No comments:
Post a Comment