Mother woke up just before dawn with her son standing next to the bed. “Hi Mommy he said, can I have some serial?” And from outside the door the baby ran in and yelled “AND ME!”
Mother sighed and said “Yes son, you can have some cereal.” “And Me!” cried the little voice. “And you” mother said to the baby girl. Mother got out of bed and saw that father was cleaning up the house. “Hello Father” She said. “I am now up and getting the kids some breakfast, do you want anything?” “AND Me!” cried the little voice. “And you baby. Do not worry, you will get your breakfast”
Mother went into the kitchen and made breakfast for the whole family, cereal for the Boy, eggs and bacon for Mother and Father, and a glass of milk and waffles for the baby. “How is your breakfast?” Mother asked her family. “Great” said Father, “It’s good” said the boy, with a giant mouthful of cereal. “And Me” cried the little voice. “And you” said Mother “How was your breakfast?” and the Baby girl just smiled her big smile.
While Father cleaned up the kitchen the Boy and Baby girl went into the living room and the Boy asked Mother “Mother can I please watch TV?”, “And me!” cried the little voice. “Yes you can watch TV Boy, as long as you put something on both you and your sister can watch.” “And me!” came the familiar cry. “And you, my baby girl. You can watch TV too”.
As the kids sat down to watch their TV show, Mother went upstairs to get the childrens cloths for the day. She carefully picked outfits for both of them and came back downstairs. “Ok Children, you can still watch TV but I need you to get dressed.” “And me!” came the familiar cry. “And you, my lovely baby girl, you can get dressed too.”
The kids were dressed and ready and Mother sat down to enjoy the morning with her family. Father had brought her coffee and they talked about what they were going to do for the day. Father mentioned having to do yard work and repairs on some of the house. Then Mother spoke “I need to go to the grocery store.” “And Me!” the baby interrupted. “ I need to go pick up some cloths for the Boy…” Mother knew to pause “And Me!” the baby said. “ I also need to take these shoes to a shop to be repaired.” Mother finished “And me!” “And you, my love”.
Mother got up and got ready herself. She took a shower, with the baby girl there, she got dressed, and the baby girl was there. Mother then went to Father and said in a small voice “Can I leave the baby with you? I can get my errands done much faster without the Girl or the Boy.” Father smiled and said “no problem, but you need to go quick before they see you.”
Mother started walking into the garage and baby Girl heard the door and came running and saying “And me! And me! And me! And me! “ Father intercepted her and told her that Mother needed to run some errands and that she would be back soon, and since she was such a good girl, he would take her to the park.
Later that evening after dinner and 20 additional “And me!” moments. It was time for the children to take a bath. “OK” Mother declared, I think I know two children that need to take a bath. “And Me!” the baby cried. “And you” Mother replied. The Boy and the Girl took their bath with many “And Me’s” being said.
Mother was tired from a long day of being with her family and asked Father to get the children in their Pajamas. Father laughed and said “Of course. I know two children who need to get clothes on!” “And Me!”the baby cried “And you, littlest one” Father replied. Once the kids were in their Pajamas, Mother said “OK children, its time for bed. Give your Father a Hug and a Kiss.” The boy said “ I love you Father” “I love you son” Father said back to him. “And me!” “And you littlest one”.
Each child brushed their teeth and Mother read them a story on the Boys bed. “I love you my Boy” Mother said. “I love you too Mother” Said the Boy “And me!” came the familiar cry from the baby girl's room. Mother left her son's room and made her way into her daughter's room. Her daughter was there waiting by the crib to be put to bed.
And mother put her baby in the crib and wrapped her up in a blanket. She looked into her baby's eyes and said “I love you”. She then sighed and waited for the normal reply.
The baby look at her mother and said “Why wuv woo”. Mother looked down at her baby with a tear in her eye and said “And me”. She then gave her baby one last hug, turned off the light, and closed the door.
No comments:
Post a Comment