Monday, February 16, 2015

SteakHouse 55

Disneyland Hotel - Steakhouse 55
Lani and I went to have drinks at Trader Sams and dinner at Steak House 55 yesterday.
The steakhouse was great. Elegant, quiet, but with a hint of playfulness. We were served two amuse-bouche, a popcorn shrimp and a peach sorbet. Both were fantastic.
For starters I had the lobster-bisque which was made special for the valentines day weekend and Lani had a hearts of romain salad. Which just made me ask Lani and the waitress "why does my wife hate Romanians", a joke that didnt go over as well as I would have hoped.
Turns out our waitress heard me talking about the Philippines and she was from there, so we talked a little about it. It was a pretty crazy thing to think that someone from a farm in the Philippines ends up on Southern California, working at a fine dining Steakhouse at the Disneyland resort.
For our meal we shared a bone-in Ribeye with the SH55 butter sauce, yukon mashed potato's, and asparagus (I actually got to request no sides with the asparagus because I was allergic to pistachios, actually felt kinda bad about it being "that guy".).
The meal was great. The steak, cooked medium rare was delicious and it went very well with the mashed potato's and asparagus. We really enjoyed getting to just sit and eat a nice meal and take our time (which is in short supply these days).
Due to the time it took to get our meal we also got a free desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment