Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Black Hawk Down

Book: Black Hawk Down
I recently finish "Black Hawk Down" by Mark Bowden. Every month I get two book on tape from Audible​ and I really like Mark Bowdens "Killing Pablo".

Black Hawk Down was great. The movie doesnt really give the scope of the Battle of the Black Sea. The book also covers the political situation of Somalia as well as first hand accounts of the people fighting Task Force Ranger.

The book covers ~100 of the Rangers/Delta/Air Force soldiers and what they experienced during the battle. The movie condenses this down to about 30.

If you dont have the stomach for stories regarding death, this is not a book you should read. It does a great job describing the chaos of battle, including the necessity to kill non-combatants (civilians) due to their involvement with the militia groups.

This book even made me tear up a bit at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment