Creativity INC.
I finished reading (listening) Creativity INC on Saturday. I dont know if I can adequately explain how much reading this book affected me.
Creativity INC by Ed Catmull is about the struggles of managing creative people. Ed Catmull is the president of Pixar and now Disney Animation, two places that have a huge softspot in my heart. Reading this book has really got me fired up again to being proactive and bettering myself.
Anyone who is in a creative field should read this book as it really hits home on why companies can do one thing great and never follow up on that success.
My favorite idea from the book
"The better, more subtle interpretation is that failure is a manifestation of learning and exploration. If you aren’t experiencing failure, then you are making a far worse mistake: You are being driven by the desire to avoid it. And, for leaders especially, this strategy — trying to avoid failure by out-thinking it — dooms you to fail."
No comments:
Post a Comment