So I wanted to go to an arcade today. Camelot was the only one around i knew would have pinball and wouldn't charge me for parking.
I got there and cashed 10 dollars on tokens.
They had half of the machines turned off. all the pinball, fighters, one-player standard games. The only games that were turned on were drivers, shooters, ticket and this
miniature bowling game. I decided that since I was there anyway and I already had token I would go ahead and play some shooters.
Terminator Salvation - It would take my tokens but not give me credit. I asked an attendant to help me out. He hit it 3 times, then fell to the floor looking for loose tokens. He found one put it in, hit the machines a bunch more times and it took it. He asked me "How much money did you lose?" "Just one more token" I said. "Great". He then fell to the floor again to find another loose token, which he did and handed it to me.
I then went to try the miniature bowling. First it was two dollars for FIVE frames of bowling. Second , the lane I was in only had nine pins (which I did even notice till the third frame when I got a spare and it only gave me nine pins. I called for assistance once again, not to get back my money (i did play all five frames) but to let them know that the lane was missing a pin.
Nick: This lane is missing a pin
Manager: Are you sure?
Nick: Yes Im sure. It score you out of ten but there are only nine pins there.
Manager: Let me get XXXXX hes the arcade guy on right now
Nick: Sure
Arcade guy: Whats up
Nick: This lane only has nine pins
Arcade guy: Well its not reallll bowling
Nick:.......
Nick: I understand that but the game does score you out of ten like in real bowling so I wanted you to know that it was broken. I dont need my money back or anything.
Arcade guy: Ok , well theres nothing we can do about it.
Nick Ok then
Nick: Oh by the way, would it be possible to turn on the pinball machines, its actually why I came here and they arent on?
Manager: We only use that room during weekends and parties.
Nick: Is it still possible?
Manager: Sure. Let me call the Arcade guy
He then turned on the bank of pinball machines and I was able to play pinball for the next two hours.
I got ten dollars in token (which was 50 because of the "good deal")
4 tokens went to the shooter i played for three minutes
8 token went to the broken half game of bowling i played
37 token went into two hours of pinball (including 10 free high score games and 2 free random games)
my last token I gave to a guy who only had one left
I am really glad I asked the clerk to turn on the machines. The arcade is ~15 minutes no traffic , from my house and I was really feeling like it was a waste of my time.
No comments:
Post a Comment