House at the end of Main street
I walked a long way,
Something was pulling me along that day,
Hearing only the sounds of my feet,
I looked up and saw a house, at the end of Main Street.
I had never seen the house before,
With its locked old wooden front door,
Through the yard I did creep,
Around the house, at the end of Main Street,
Noises came from the deep inside,
My heart pleaded to run and hide,
But deep in my mind my curiosity was deep,
What is in the house, at the end of Main Street?
I came around to the backyard door,
The door was open, was it before?
Into the house my mind did leap,
This house that shouldn't be, at the end of Main Street.
That is when I saw the stairs,
Covered with green and purple squares,
Into the basement it did greet,
Into the heart of the home at the end of Main Street.
The basement filled the entire zone,
This is when I realized I was not alone,
The creature turned and I felt its heat,
The lord of the house, at the end of Main Street.
“Greetings to you young robber,
I'm afraid there is no treasure to bother,
Stay here with me so that I may eat,
A soul here, in my home on Main Street.”
My mind came to me quick as a spark,
I turned and ran back out of the dark,
A deep laugh chuckled, and I did weep,
In the house, at the end of Main street.
I ran back home as fast as I could,
I must tell my parents, I knew that I should.
My story sounds like something from sleep,
Would they believe the house, at the end of Main Street?
I ran into their comforting embrace,
They saw the look of death on my face,
“Tell us what happened, this secret don’t keep.”
“I went to the house, at the end of Main Street.”
They both were quiet for a time,
Then my father whispered the following rhyme,
Of what you saw, say not a peep,
In the house that shouldn't be there, at the end of Main Street.
No comments:
Post a Comment