Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Nightmare

When I am sicked or stressed I have nightmares. The worst of these can be categorized at "Night Terror" Wiki link . This is one of those nightmares.

Ever since I have had a child the thought of him dying or getting hurt do to some lapse of oversight has been high on my anxiety list. There is nothing worse than watching your 6  month old fall off a couch. Recently our son had fallen off the bed and it had him crying for ~15 minutes.

I had been feeling stressed out due to family and work issues. One night in my dreams my son was laying on the bed with us (not an uncommon thing) with the dog lying behind him to block him on all 4 sides; the wall, his mother, myself, and the dog. However, the dog would suddenly be gone and my son would wander over to the edge of the bed, which turned into some kind of cliff. ( I cant seem to remember if it was like the grand canyon or like the top of a building). I would jump to save him....

I would be covered in sweat, arms off the end of the bed, its 12 am, the dog is asleep in her dog bed and my wife is asleep in her spot. This happened 3 more times.

Eventually, I decided it was better to just get up and give sleeping another try tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment